Thursday, October 20, 2016

Masked Ladies and Dark Queens

I'm not sure how I became so far behind on my blog posting! Actually, I guess it happens more often than not. Who am I trying to kid, lol? I might possibly be in a state of near constant lag.


I'm back on the ATC train! I joined a few swaps over at IllustratedATCs.com and made some mask ladies and a few dark queens. These are all watercolor and ink. My masquerade ladies were inspired by that TV show, Skin Wars. I'd never heard of it before it hit Netflix but once I saw episode one, I became an instant addict and would love to try body painting. It looks like so much fun. I just need a model. Any volunteers?

I actually do have much artwork to share but it's for new and upcoming workshops! I've been busy filming and editing for the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping to finish up all of the new workshops over the next week or two and get them up and online. I should have an update and a teaser video for next week.









12 comments:

  1. Oh, you should have a teaser video, Sal!! I love your ladies! And have a lot of fun face painting! I've participated in a few body paint fests, one at a women's retreat, where we painted a "maid, mother and crone," (12-50/60ish) .... And me!!
    And helped my daughter and several midwives do a belly cast (plaster strips) on a mom of with twins, but at risk pregnancy, so in the nic unit!! We timed it around a sympathetic nurse's shift, and later the mom painted the cast! (Her boys are now 15!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I could love these ladies any more than I do. The colors and vibrancy and expressions on their faces. So great! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pieces. Don't be too hard on yourself about blogging..You create so much and that's most important! Make hay while the sunshines! You can update your blog anytime!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a wickedness about these ladies and they are fantastic! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ladies. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog. You never fail to surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ladies, I especially love the dark queens, they look wonderfully wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also liked the Skin Wars program but somehow don't get it any longer. An interesting "canvas" to work with. I like your painted ladies in this post, the masked beauties and the dark queens too. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful ladies today. I find it interesting how the ones on the bottom have more of an "evil" look. Like the wicked step mothers or evil queens. :) Thy all are great though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the ATCs :) good use of colour in them all, nice and bright for the masked ladies and dark colours for the queens :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sal these are just beautiful. Your use of color and shading is excellent.

    ReplyDelete