Happy new year!
I'm starting off the new year with an art goal. I'm taking part in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge and I absolutely plan on finishing it this year. There. I've said it... and now I have to do it. Luckily, I owe a bunch of art cards to various art trading friends, plus a few swaps here and there and I can paint them all. I even have art card sized canvases so it's all good.
I started off my challenge with a Basquiat style 6" x 6" piece. I have a wall downstairs and it had a small hole in the painting arrangement so this one fits in perfectly. Two birds, right?
Tomorrow I'll try a master study or maybe a portrait since those go quickest for me.
Art Resolutions 2015
- Finish 30 paintings in 30 days for January.
- Figure out how to mix oil paints properly and then use them to make realistic looking skin tones. Actually, I need to learn how to do this with acrylics too. It's a learning year, clearly.
- Find a proper direction for commercial projects.
- Finish 29 faces for the 29 Faces challenge in February.
- Fill one sketchbook from start to finish without starting 5 new ones in between. I have never done this before. I half fill all of my sketchbooks. It's ridiculous.
Happy goal filling to everyone! :)