Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sunrise and Sunset, mixed media style


I have finally finished my summer art journal. Joy, bliss & glee! I filled out the entire journal and it was a great goal to reach. I've been making my own journals lately since I don't like filling out 100 page spiral bound notebooks. They're too big and I'm far too lazy... or overwhelmed. Probably both. I make my own 20 page journals and it's so much easier to theme them, and then finish them. So yay, a summer art goal reached!

This Sunrise & Sunset journal page was so much fun to create. I love ridiculous faces and couldn't pass up the opportunity to make sun faces, mixed media style. I filmed the process and have upload it to my YouTube ChannelThe tutorial can be found here: https://youtu.be/N_WTzemIhfs and the PDF template for the sun faces is available here. If you have any questions, just send me a note, I'm happy to help.

Materials I used:

  • Stonehenge paper
  • Golden heavy body acrylic paints
  • Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid (satin)
  • Patterned scrapbooking papers
  • Brown Micron brush pen



This page was inspired by Journal52 prompts (Sunrise & Sunset). It's a great place to find inspiration for your art journals.




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this - fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for reaching your goal :) and nice sunny page that brought a smile to my face :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous page, Sal! Happy sunny faces!
    Congrats on finishing your summer journal. I'm also fond of journals with fewer pages- so much more manageable for a slow journaler like me. :)

    ReplyDelete